how to delete message with swipe left?

I have an iPhone 5s.

I used to be able to swipe a message and it would be deleted.

I just updated my iPhone to version 11.3 and now I must swipe the message that I wish to delete and then hit the delete icon.

This two-step process is new and honestly it's over-protective.

Is there a way to get the application to delete the message when I swipe left without the second step

:With iOS 11.3 Apple brought along a confirmation feature to delete a text message. Yes, it's an extra step, but if you ever hang out here, you'll see dozens of threads virtually every day from people who are desperate to retrieve a text they accidentally deleted. This will really help users to ensure they really want to delete a message. And I'm sure we'll all get used to doing this.

Comments